How can we improve Maps For That?

Add concept maps functionality in addition to mindmaps.

When creating a new mind map allow the capability to create a concept map as well.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mindjet FeedbackMindjet Feedback shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill MillerBill Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • mentalwavesmentalwaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't like to miss MM, it offers a great package of very useful features. The problem is only that the most thoughts and concepts are complex and not linear, hence the need for concept maps arises very often. But I don't want an other software instead of MM, I just plead for enhancements with regard to our possibilities to visualize concepts.

By the way, I already use an other professional software, which provides concept mapping. But it is something completely different from MM, it is specialized on qualitative data analysis: Atlas.ti

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then perhaps you need Banxia® Decision Explorer® which, though designed for cognitive mapping, can do exactly what I have seen presented as exemplifying concept maps. Cognitive mapping actually calls the nodes "concepts". Do we really want one tool that's excellent at what it does to do what other packages are excellent at? Apparently so, for some people.

• mentalwavesmentalwaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, it isn't. Far from that! MM provides Mind Mapping, hence hierarchical constructs. You also can add some cross links, but the main structure remains a linear one. Mind Maps are just a small, hence very restrictive subset of the larger category of graphical network representations, the concept maps. An adequate representation of complex structures requires concept maps.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't MindManager already flexible enough for that? I use it for what I want to use it for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base